Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ronald Reagan's Legacy

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.
- Ronald Reagan


The trouble is, some agencies, like FEMA, SHOULD BE here to help.

Others, like the Air Force, the Army, the Marines, the Navy, the CIA, the FBI, the Justice Department,
the EPA, and the FAA, exist to protect the country and the citizens. Whether they are GOOD at it or not is another issue, and it's a management issue. But their purpose is either protective or defensive.

But if you agree with Reagan, as do George W. Bush, his heir, and his older baby brother, his Raoul Castro, John McCain,
that 'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help' how do you justify holding office? Are you're saying 'I'm incompetent!' ? Or are you there with your hand out?

No comments:

Post a Comment